עכשיו בכלוב

לכל מי שמכירים את Ed/Tina משיקגו

Dan_Kap​(שולט){f,yt,D,תכ}
לפני 16 שנים • 1 ביולי 2007

לכל מי שמכירים את Ed/Tina משיקגו

Dan_Kap​(שולט){f,yt,D,תכ} • 1 ביולי 2007
עבור מי שמכירים את אד/טינה משיקגו, הנה חדשות קשות וקריאה לעזרה:

Howdy Everyone,

Please do forward this to all of our friends on this list and others.
Well, where to begin.... first of all thanks to all of you that have attended the auctions and fundraisers of the past. We cannot thank you all enough for showing your support.
Just so that you know, If you don't by now...that I was shot at the Dollar General at 175th and Kedzie on December 8th last year in a bungled robbery attempt. I lost a kidney, and spleen, damaged the intestines, lost a part of my pancreas, and ended up a paraplegic due to my spinal cord being severed. I have not been home for more than about 7 hours on my birthday since this happened.

Right now I am still in the hospital in re-hab.They are quite good at RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago). I am learning how to get along and do the best with what I have left. The most interesting thing to most would be the fact that I am now able to stand with the use of braces (for very short time and only occasionally) that were made to fit my legs. ( that was a real mummification job there (quick drying resin)) I have done well here despite setbacks with dehydration, infection, and 6 1/2 hours of surgery on both my spine and chest. Medically now things are rather well. I will still have at lest 3 more surgeries to go.
Janet and I are doing fine together, and are stronger than ever before. This despite the fact that Dollar General is not quite living up to what was promised and eluded to in their publicity. Janet and I had to hire a lawyer and he is trying to help us. I will meet him in person this coming Monday.

DG wants me to go to a nursing home instead of HOME. They have said that they do not want to do a mere 4 simple modifications to our rental house. We have permission of the owner to do so. The goal of RIC is for you to "go home" after done with inpatient care. There is outpatient care that still has to be done, but that is to be expected. Workman's comp checks for some reason that we are not aware of have, with no warning, been stopped. I haven't even seen Janet for a week now because she has not had the money to visit. It appears that they are trying to "starve us out" in the crazy attempt for us to settle for nothing or just go away.

What can you do to help???? We are looking at doing some fundraisers of course and we are always looking for advice on how to proceed in this situation. So far it has been suggested that we pass out flyers at the stores all over, that we approach a radio or tv station with this situation. What do you think? We need all the help that we can get in both the financial and idea side of the house right away. Help in any way you can. Soon!
TINA
Agni​(מתחלף)
לפני 16 שנים • 2 ביולי 2007

מהההה?

Agni​(מתחלף) • 2 ביולי 2007
אין מצב.
תנחומיי.
icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
icon_twisted.gif

אורי.