לילה טוב אורח/ת
עכשיו בכלוב

מחקר בנושא טרנסים/יות דתיים

Dan_Kap​(שולט){f,yt,D,תכ}
לפני 14 שנים • 9 בנוב׳ 2009

מחקר בנושא טרנסים/יות דתיים

Dan_Kap​(שולט){f,yt,D,תכ} • 9 בנוב׳ 2009

For those of you that don’t know me, my name is Emma Hutchinson, and I am currently a senior at NYU majoring in Social and Cultural Analysis. As part of my major I am writing a sort of Senior Thesis surrounding the topic of Trans folks in Orthodox Judaism. I am trying to figure out what it means to be Trans and to be Orthodox. Is it possible to be both? How has the Orthodox Jewish community treated Trans members and how have the higher-ups treated the “issue” in general.

A huge part of my research is going to be first-hand accounts/interviews of Trans/Orthodox folks. This is where you come in. If you have any knowledge/connection/interest in these topics, I would love to talk to you. I am looking for a spectrum of people, so if you have any thoughts, please let me know. You could be a Trans Orthodox Jew, a Queer Jew, a Jew, a Queer, a New Yorker, seriously…anything. I am really dedicated to this research, and have already done a lot of background investigation, so hit me up if you have ANYTHING to say or any places you think I should look.

Thanks so much!

Emma Hutchinson
New York University, Class of 2010
Department of Social and Cultural Analysis
Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies
emmahutchinson@nyu.edu