סופשבוע נעים אורח/ת
עכשיו בכלוב

DOES BDSM ART HAVE FUTURE

Mistress Gatta
לפני 19 שנים • 26 באוג׳ 2004

DOES BDSM ART HAVE FUTURE

Mistress Gatta • 26 באוג׳ 2004
Actually, that was my qurstion,and any of art lovers can have some input on that, i

would love to hear it and if nessessary debate or agree with the authors
Mistress Gatta
לפני 19 שנים • 27 באוג׳ 2004

bdsm art

Mistress Gatta • 27 באוג׳ 2004
do you think paintings that depict bdsm can promote cause, any ideas?
tracy
לפני 19 שנים • 28 באוג׳ 2004
tracy • 28 באוג׳ 2004
The main purpose of any form of art is to allow the artists to express themselves, their thoughts, feelings and opinions. If an artist's mind is occupied with thoughts related to BDSM, this will obviously be expressed in the art, and this will not be related, at least not directly, to any cause or general opinion.

The only way in which BDSM related art can contribute to any cause, is if the specific works of art becomes popular and fashionable. This, first of all, will require the viewers to be open minded enough to accept this form of art. So, if the viewer is already open-minded, the cause might have already been achieved. This brings us to yet another egg & chicken conflict.
Mistress Gatta

great answer

Mistress Gatta • 28 באוג׳ 2004
tracy, thanks a lot for your input. i would really like to know your opinion on my portrait which u can find in my profile, portrait was done my husband you can also take a look at his website www.alexbrodsky.com.
thanks again, mistress gatta
tracy

Portrait

tracy • 28 באוג׳ 2004
I really like the portrait. I mostly like the shadowy self portrait of your husband (I assume) at the back. A very powerful image painted in such soft stokes of the brush.

In relation to the subject of this thread, I would say that the portrait is a very subtle expression of BDSM, despite the images of the slave and the dog at your feet. Only a person that is aware to the meaning of those symbols can truly understand the context of the portrait and relate it to BDSM.
Mistress Gatta

portrait

tracy, it's a grat pleasure talking to you. you really understand art, do you paint?
tracy
tracy • 28 באוג׳ 2004
I have a long history of art studies, but that's about it.
Master Q

dear tracy

Master Q • 28 באוג׳ 2004
so happy that my art is pleasing to you. i'm not at all familiar with this site, so if you could possibly drop me a line to misterQ@hotmail.com

it will make my day. thanks,.
melody
melody • 28 באוג׳ 2004
I also loved your portrait very much, Mistress Gatta.
Unlike tracy, I don't believe it's your husband at the back. I would guess it's another slave , but it doesn't really matters icon_smile.gif

As to your question about BDSM art, I'm almost sure it has future. But the real question is whether people (even those into bdsm) will hang them in the livingroom. Exhibition can have a great success, coz people will come and see mostly out of curiosity, but again, there's a big difference between loving the pics and buying them. I just imagine the faces of my family & vanilla friends, when seeing bdsm pics hanging in my house (So maybe I'll just have to hang them in my bedroom icon_wink.gif )

The paintings of A. Brodsky are absolutely wonderful. I really enjoyed the site.
Way to go !
Mistress Gatta

DEAR TRACY

Melody was right about my husband - it is him lurking from the back- my advisor, best friend, and not slave.
He is the great Master, and not only in art if you know what I mean. you can, if you so desire, drop him a line, He goes under Master Q in Cage.
And as far as displaying BDSM art in public places, I think it's all depends on the way it's done- if no extra-sexual theme is given, then, perhaps, it can be shown even to your vanilla friends, and i don't think they will be shocked, they might surprise you